Thursday, June 08, 2006

StarHub MaxOnline 2000 is now MaxOnline 4000!

I have a broad grin on my face! You know why? Because I've got a letter from StarHub (my Internet Service Provider) which you see it below.

From 1 July 2006, all MaxOnline 2000 customers will be able to surf the Internet at faster combined download speeds of up to 4000 Kbps. And as with the previous upgrade in bandwidth, this improvement in your service will come at no additional charge, so your monthly MaxOnline subscription will remain at $56 ($58.80 with GST). All other terms and conditions of your MaxOnline Service Agreement with us remain unchanged.

To reflect the enhanced download speed that the service now offers, MaxOnline 2000 will be renamed MaxOnline 4000.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great!
You are lucky. Sg is very nice for Internet access. now I m using 235kbs ... so so poor! :(

Anonymous said...

i think 2000 & 4000 is only name :D
but Starhub is the best ISP at S'pore

Anonymous said...

I got this letter from StarHub also. But I think is it true or not? But S'pore internet connection is quite good. Also StarHub is better than SingTel. :) When I used my IDM to download, the fastest speed is abt 260Kb/sec and if I download directly by Firefox, the speed is 450Kb/s (very often). But upload speed is only 30kb/sec :(

zerotopic said...

We will see how true StarHub information is to us soon. Their upgrade will effect from 1 July. For me faster surfing is just enough. I download mostly mp3, e-book and sometime free software from the net, but rarely download big stuffs like video files, and only upload some images for my blog. So speed doesn't matter much for my usage. I notice you upload quite a lot mp3 by looking your blog. Nice blog, by the way! Of course, upload speed is much slower than download speed. I can't think of how to make it fast. But regarding to downloading, I'd like to repeat again if only you might not know. Why don't you try firefox DownThemAll extension, very user friendly, very fast and just one click for several downloads. You might want to kick out of IDM from your machine after using it!