Wednesday, August 30, 2006

foobar2000 - the best freeware audio player

In quest of music player that can play all sort of audio files for my PC and it have to be light weight that consume less memory, so far Foobar2000 is the best I can find.

I have already installed a couple of bulky software. My roommate bought iPod and I have to keep iTunes for him to synchronize with his Nanno. Window media player automatically came with window XP installation. Real media and quick time are also installed, as my browser beg for me to download so that it can play media files associated with such players. Since I don't want to mess up with my friend's iTunes music library, I need another good player for my own use and Winamp have long been my favorite for that purpose. Now I switch to Foobar2000.



What's so special?

foobar2000 is an absolutely freeware audio player for Windows. You do not need to ( or have to ) upgrade to pro because there is only one available that is free version! foobar200 do not have fancy skins like Winamp, but hey.. it's still cool for me. I prefer much simpler and more powerful playlist. It produce high-quality audio output. I don't need AOL or SHOUTcast, Pandora is the best for me as far as on line radio are concerned.

One feature that lack in foobar2000 is that it doesn't support playing video file. Why bother? I don't need a bloated software just to play the songs I like. And I seldom watch a movie. After all those are the fact that make foobar2000 incredibly light.

Check out the quick look on their system requirement:

foobar2000 >> Windows 2000, XP / 32 MB RAM / 200 MHz, AMD K5 or Pentium or equivalent (500MHz Athlon or Pentium III recommended) / 5 MB Hard Disk Space

Winamp >> Windows 2000, XP / 128 MB RAM / 1.5 GHz Pentium IV or comparable / 30MB Hard Disk Space

If you still love Winamp and hesitate to get rid of it then you'd better not installed foobar200. They aren't mean to stay together in the same system. Even after you've set up foobar2000 as the default player for your audio files, Winamp is still fighting for his place in the background.

Features of foobar2000

  • Audio formats supported: MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CDDA, WMA.Full
  • Unicode support.Advanced
  • tagging capabilities.Support
  • for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executable for different output formats).
  • ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
  • Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
  • Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
foobar2000 : http://www.foobar2000.org/

reference : foobar2000 on ryanspicks

2 comments:

Tim Cabell said...

Please also check out

http://pandorastatons.crispynews.com

It's a site I am generating to help Pandora users find each other and share the stations they have created. I have a bunch of links in the forum for more Pandora Tips and Tricks.

Thanks,

Tim

Unknown said...

Foobar2000 is a feature rich player. The most important thing is this one serve you professionally free of cost.
mp4 players