Thursday, August 17, 2006

Switching to Blogger beta

Well, I've switched to a new layout. Needless to say, I'm in love with the excellent new features Labels. Combination of blog archive and previous post entry under single click pull down menu style is fantastic. Now my sidebar is simpler than before, neat and clean. It's easy to customize the link list which means you don't need to change the template anymore, like in old Blogger just to add a friend's blog. Using third party tool like Google Reader to add your favorite posts or reading lists is simply unnecessary with this easy to edit layout. Publishing the new post is extremely fast now because the process of republishing the entire blog have been left out.

But still I don't see the feed icons in the Firefox browser address bar so as to add feed as live bookmark. I've also noticed that it seems my old Blogger Atom and Rss feed is gone with the old template. The feed url for beta version is completely different, you know. Do I need to burn a new Feedburner feed as well? And I also am still finding a way how to implement the Google Adsense and some other codes, since Blogger beta hasn't allowed to edit raw HTML in a template yet.

Apart from that I'm enjoying with my blog in a new look, hooray!

Technorati Tags:

4 comments:

Man in the Box said...

You can feed posts, also comments, but i don't understand what is per-post. Feedburning is not necessary, but you should, to get RSS coz i see only Atom.

Man in the Box said...

Sorry for my mistake, per-post is feed for comments per post.

Genevieve Netz said...

You can't edit the HTML in the template, hmmm?

Man in the Box said...

yes, only in classice mode, you can edit. so that i don't switch, yet, as i love my template.